For pleural biopsies and punctions
Novatech has launched trocars for the pleura in cooperation with Professor C. Boutin (Marseilles, France) in 1998. He redesigned the existing trocar to improve the quality of sampling.
The single use Boutin trocars have a working length of 78 mm. They come sterile and are available in two diameters (2 and 3 mm).
The three-sided mandrel and the improved shape of the hook of the 3 mm trocar give this device a sampling quality higher than with the Abrams needle1).
- 2 mm: for pleural punction only
- 3 mm: for pleural biopsy and punction
1) Study by Prof. C. Boutin - Hôpital La Conception, Marseilles. Presentation: CHEST/Toronto/1998
- sterile, ready for use
- convenient dispenser box
- single use, minimizing risk of contamination
- less traumatic due to diameters adapted to intended use
- equipped with a three-way stopcock
Items per box
Disposable BOUTIN TROCAR for pleural punction
Disposable BOUTIN TROCAR for pleura biopsy